Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find information about a specific topic?
  • For information on diseases and conditions click here 
  • For information on Communicable Diseases click here 
  • For information on Environmental Health click here
  • For information on Facility Infection Prevention and Special Populations click here 
  • For information on Health Equity and Occupational Health click here 
  • For information on Chronic Disease click here 
Where can I find updated protocols or guidance’s for schools?

For updated school guidance’s please visit Facility Infection Prevention and Special Populations.

Who do I contact regarding a possible state licensed facility outbreak?

Please send an email to regarding a potential state licensed facility outbreak.

Where/how do I report a disease case?

Click here to report a disease case or to learn more information.

What public health authority do I report cases or potential cases to in Nevada?

Carson City, Douglas & Lyon Counties

Carson City Health & Human Services
P: (775) 887-2190
F: (775) 887-2138

Clark County

Southern Nevada Health District
P: (702) 759-1300
F: (702) 759-1414

Washoe County

Washoe County Health District
P: (775) 328-2447
F: (775) 32803764

All Other Counties

Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health Rural Health Services
P: (775) 400-0333
F: (775) 684-5911

How do I report a foodborne illness? Or what do I do if I think I got sick from a restaurant?
  • Click here to file a complaint on a food establishment (restaurant, fast food restaurant, etc).


What should I do if I have been bitten by an animal (bat, dog, etc.) who might have rabies?
    • Contact your healthcare provider for evaluation after an animal bite. 
    • Contact your local health authority to report a bite.
      • Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD)
        • Clark County
          • 702-759-1300 (24 hours)
      • Washoe County Health District (WCHD)
        • Washoe County
          • 775-328-2447
      • Carson City Health & Human Services (CCHHS)
        • Carson City, Douglas County and Lyon County
          • 775-887-2190
      • Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH)
        • All other counties
          • 775-684-5911 (M-F 8am to 5pm) or 775-400-0333 (after hours)
    • Management of bites to humans
      • If you are bitten:
        • Wash wound(s) thoroughly with soap and water
        • Cover the wound with a clean bandage
        • See a healthcare provider if you develop a fever, if the wound becomes red, painful, or swollen, or if the animal that bit you was acting strange.
        • If the wound is deep and you cannot stop the bleeding, call 911 immediately and apply pressure with a clean, dry cloth. 
      •  For Healthcare Providers: 
        • Evaluation of patient’s animal bite:
          • Wash the wound well with soap and running water
          • Assess the need for tetanus vaccination booster
          • Assess the need for antibiotics
          • Assess the need for rabies post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)


Where can I find COVID-19 testing in Nevada?

Click here to find COVID-19 testing in Nevada.  

How do I find out if I qualify for COVID-19 treatment?

Click here to find information on COVID-19 treatment in Nevada.  

How do I contact the State Epidemiologist?

Please send any questions, concerns, or requests to and we will ensure that your email is sent to the correct person.  

What vaccinations do I need for travel?
  • For more information about what diseases you should be aware of when traveling and what vaccinations are recommended for travel, please visit CDCs Traveler’s Health site here. 
  • To find a clinic near you that offers pre-travel vaccinations please click here.